The minimum tariff for tourist visiting in a group of 3 persons or more are as follows:
High Season Tariff – USD 250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
Season Tariff – USD 230 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
The minimum price includes:
- All internal taxes and charges (including the royalty)
- All Meals
- All travel with a licensed Bhutanese Tour Guide
- All Internal Transport
- Camping Equipment and Haulage for Trekking Tours
The rates are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan. On the day of departure, the ‘local agents’ host obligation shall be limited to breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on actual basis.
The rates shall apply uniformly irrespective of locations and the type of accommodation provided/asked for.
Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons shall be subject to surcharge, over and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
- Single individual: US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons: US$ 30 per person per night
The 10% agency commission payable to agents abroad shall not be deductible from the surcharge.
The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by TCB.
- (a) There is no discount on diplomatic visas.
- (b) There shall be no charge for children up to the age of 5 years. However, those between the ages of 6-12 years accompanied by elders/guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates and 100% discount on Royalty.
- (c) Full time students below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall also be given a 25% discount on daily rates.
- (d) A discount of 50% on daily rates shall be given to one person in a group of 11 to 15 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
- (e) 50% discount on Royalty shall be provided after the 8th night and 100% discount on Royalty shall be provided after the 14th night.
- (f) Visitors availing discounts under Sections A, B & C shall not be eligible for discount under E.